Walking Football is a slow-paced version of the beautiful game primarily aimed at the over 50s.
Walking Football is designed to help people keep an active lifestyle irrespective of their age, as well as getting those back playing football who perhaps had to stop due to injuries.
Rules / Guidelines
• Players are prohibited from sprinting, running or jogging while the ball is in play
• Anyone doing so is penalised with a free-kick awarded to the other team
• No slide tackles are allowed
• Played with a size 4 Futsal ball (if available) indoors or use a traditional ball outdoors
• If the ball goes off the pitch over the touchline, the game is restarted via a kick, roll or throw-in (to allow for different physical capabilities) Note: It is strongly recommended to use a roll or kick in for indoor facilities
• It can be played indoors or outdoors depending on weather and available facilities
Variations and game adaptations can be made to suit participants’ needs and capabilities.
Play the game you love but reduce the chances of injury. It's a great way to keep fit, learn skills, have fun and socialise all at the same time!
The great new way to get back to football, get back to fitness and enjoy the social side of a team activity. New to The Academy at £3 a session including tea and coffee. First session Sunday 4th December at 10am. More dates, times and details to follow soon.